Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Thrilling Wonder Stories, August 1950


All that futuristic-looking machinery in the background, and the girl's using a plain old revolver. But hey, it's Earle Bergey's work, so I'm not going to complain. I wouldn't complain about the contents of this issue of THRILLING WONDER STORIES, either, since it features stories by Arthur C. Clarke, Henry Kuttner, Jack Vance, L. Ron Hubbard, Walt Sheldon, and Wallace West. That's a pretty good lineup.

3 comments:

Todd Mason said...

I'll beat Bob Napier to the punch and note except for one of them. (He was pretty damned uneven even then.)

Cap'n Bob said...

I wasn't going to kvetch but I don't mind if someone else does.

Adventuresfantastic said...

Maybe the gun is firing atomic bullets.

I have this issues. I bought it for the Kuttner story. Reading it was quite frustrating. It could have been a very good story, but there were a few places where it needed some polish. It's been a decade since I read it, and I've been thinking about giving that story another go.