Yikes! This great cover by Laurence Herndon illustrates the first installment of the serialized novel "The Land of Hidden Men" by Edgar Rice Burroughs, which just happens to be one of the Burroughs novels I've never read. I have to get busy and catch up on some of this stuff. This issue isn't top-heavy with big-name authors, but there are still some very good pulpsters on hand including Seven Anderton, Clarence Herbert New (with a Freelances of Diplomacy story), Rollin Brown, Armand Brigaud (a JUNGLE STORIES stalwart later in his career), and Conrad Richter, whose work appeared in the pulps occasionally even though he was better known for his stories in the slicks and, later on, his Pulitzer Prize-winning novels. Also on hand were some writers unknown to me: Ewing Walker, William F. Sturm, Henry LaCossitt, Albert Dorrington, Wilbur Hall, and Arthur K. Akers. What's this, an issue of BLUE BOOK without a single H. Bedford-Jones story, let alone two or three under his various pseudonyms? I thought that was against the law!
The Glass Tower Murders (2021) by Mikito Chinen
2 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment