Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Thrilling Adventures, November 1943


This was the final issue of THRILLING ADVENTURES. The magazine went out with a good one, starting with that action-packed cover. There's an artist's signature on it, but I can't read it. Rafael DeSoto, maybe? I'm sure somebody who's better at such things than I am can supply the correct answer. Inside are stories by Louis L'Amour (a Ponga Jim Mayo yarn), Henry Kuttner (twice, once as himself and once as Charles Stoddard), Carl Jacobi, Tom Curry, Carter Sprague (really my old editor and mentor Sam Merwin Jr.), Verne Chute, and Bertram B. Fowler. And even though I've mentioned it many times before, I have to say how cool it is that in the early days of my career, I got to work with an old pulpster like Sam Merwin. I'm proud of that to this day.

1 comment:

Sai S said...

That signature is Rudolph Belarski's.