Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Science Fiction Quarterly, February 1955


I don't think I've ever run across an issue of SCIENCE FICTION QUARTERLY. This looks like a pretty good one. I like the dramatic cover by Kelly Freas, and there are some good writers inside: C.M. Kornbluth, Frank Belknap Long, L. Sprague de Camp, and a couple whose names are only vaguely familiar to me, Charles V. De Vet and Winston Marks. I don't own this issue, but if you want to check it out, it's available on the Internet Archive here. There are a lot of other issues of SCIENCE FICTION QUARTERLY posted there as well. I might have time to read some of them if anybody ever comes up with a thirty-hour day.

2 comments:

Gregory Feeley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gregory Feeley said...

Science Fiction Quarterly was the last SF pulp magazine.

It published some pretty good fiction, most notably "Common Time" by James Blish.