Tuesday, May 16, 2023

#415


I've turned in my 415th novel and gotten a good start on #416. There was a time when a book had to mark a real milestone before I'd mention it, but the older I get and the closer I come to the end of my career, even these smaller increments mean something to me. I'm committed to enough work for the rest of this year and next year to carry me to #425. Will I pack it in after that? I don't know, something about 450 seems appealing to me. 500 is out of reach. I'd have to write hard for another 15 years to do that, and that's not going to happen.

Whatever the total winds up being, I've had fun and entertained some folks.

3 comments:

Regan MacArthur said...

Congratulations!

Jeff Rutherford said...

Congrats. Are these paperback westerns. Or, are you publishing with indie/eBook publishers these days?

James Reasoner said...

Most of my work continues to be paperback Westerns under other names, although my wife and I are working on a mystery series that we plan to self-publish sometime in the reasonably near future. Some of my older books are available as e-books from Wolfpack Publishing, and we've self-published some of the other books from our backlist. Anything I do under my own name from here on out probably will be self-published, as they'll be books I'm writing mostly for the fun of it.