Saturday, April 02, 2022

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Complete Cowboy Novel Magazine, October 1947


That's a nice dramatic cover on this issue of COMPLETE COWBOY NOVEL MAGAZINE. I don't know who the artist is, but the cover certainly caught my eye. "Will Watson", the author of the lead novel, was really Lee Floren, who also has one of his Buckshot McKee stories in this issue under his real name. The only other author in the issue is Tom Dowling Jr., a complete unknown to me. WOLF DOG RANGE, the novel version, was published in hardback by Wells, Gardner, Darton & Co. (never heard of 'em) in 1949, and reprinted in paperback by Lion Books in 1951, both editions still under the Will Watson name. I like the pulp cover enough that I'm tempted to see if I can find a copy of the novel, even though I'm not really a fan of Lee Floren's work.

No comments: