Friday, July 08, 2005

The Return of the Page Count

Last month spoiled me. Despite a lot of real-world crap happening in June, the book I wrote last month went so fast and so easy and turned out so well that I want all of them to be like that. And of course, they aren't. The current project has been a struggle from the very first day. So I'm going to resort to using this blog as a self-motivational tool again and start listing how many pages I wrote each day. Today was a big 10. (Although to be fair, some errands kept me busy part of the day and I got in just one shift at the computer.) I'll be talking about other things, too (such as the fact that I've started watching serials again and am two chapters into ACE DRUMMOND), but we'll see if having to own up each night to that day's production will make me work a little harder.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For me, ten pages is a really great day.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea how depressed I get when you use phrases like "the book I wrote last month"?

TL