Thursday, July 28, 2005

New Book Started

When I started over on that outline this morning, I found that it went much better this time, so much so that I was done with it by the middle of the day. (Granted, it was pretty short.) So this afternoon I was able to get started on the next novel, a series Western, and it felt really good to get some pages going again. I didn't get a lot done because some other, non-writing things came up, but at least I've got a start and the hope that the book will go quickly and smoothly.

I'm reading one of the Lassiter novels by "Jack Slade", a Western series published by Leisure/Belmont/Tower in the Sixties and Seventies, and unrelated to the German Jack Slade series with the very graphic covers which I've discussed on here before. This book is called CATTLE BARON and I'm reading it primarily to try to figure out who really wrote it. Unfortunately, I have no idea. A lot of times I can tell with a reasonable amount of certainty who wrote a particular house-name Western just by reading it. This is not one of those times.

No comments: