Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: Dare-Devil Aces, April 1937


Hmm, I don't remember ever reading anything in the history books about an aerial dogfight like this over Manhattan, but that sure looks like the Empire State Building. There's a lot going on in this cover by Frederick Blakeslee, and I like it! Inside are stories by air-war pulp stalwarts Robert J. Hogan, Robert Sidney Bowen, William O'Sullivan, and others, plus a letters column known as the Hot Air Club, conducted by Nosedive Ginsberg (no doubt some assistant editor hiding behind that colorful moniker). I have to be in the right mood for aviation and air-war pulps, but when I am, I really like 'em.

1 comment:

Cap'n Bob said...

If I remember correctly, the Empire State Building was erected long after the close of WWI. I wonder what these guys are fighting over. Another plot to dominate the world, perhaps?