Friday, January 01, 2010

Good Start/Resolutions

I don't take New Year's Day off, so I was upstairs writing as usual most of the day. I wrote about 5000 words, which is a decent start for this year. Now all I have to do is string together 200 more days like that, and I'll have my million words.

And I promise I won't bring that up again unless I actually accomplish that goal.

Speaking of goals, I've never been the sort to make or even think about New Year's resolutions, but for some reason I've come up with several this year. The list is up to ten items, and I have the file open on my writing computer so it'll be the first thing I see every morning when I sit down to work. Most of them are boring, generic stuff like eat less and work out more. Two of them, however, are to read more books and spend less time on the Internet. We'll just see how that works out.

1 comment:

David Cranmer said...

I just have less eating this year. We'll see what day next week that goes to h e double hockey sticks.