Saturday, August 29, 2009

Another New Orrie Hitt Fan


Today I got this comment on my first Orrie Hitt post back in February and thought I should move it up here. Thanks for the comment, Pattie.


"I recently found myself in a used bookstore in Portland, ME standing face-to-face with Orrie Hitt's UNFAITHFUL WIVES. I couldn't resist the front or back covers (See what I mean: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pattietierney/3835158285/) So bought the book and am actually reading it. It's not the greatest, but for some reason I can't manage to stop reading it either! I found your blog googling his name and just wanted to share my experience."


I'm always glad to see someone else discovering Orrie's work. Although there is one thing that bothers me a little, and if you follow the link in the comment and take a look at the photo, you'll see what I mean. (By the way, I just finished reading one of Hitt's novels myself. I'll be posting my comments on it in a day or so.)

4 comments:

Frank Loose said...

I followed the link. I can honestly say that i have never taken scissors or a razor blade to my books. Don't quite see the purpose, even if all you like is the art work.

Rittster said...

Is that what the problem is? I'm not much of a tech-guy, so I just thought the person used took three separate photos, one of the back cover, one of the front, and one with the book open, and then digitally combined them within the same frame. Otherwise, I didn't actually notice a problem. But you're saying he or she actually took the front and back covers off teh book?

James Reasoner said...

Yeah, it looked to me like the covers were actually cut off and matted (if that's the right word; I'm not an artist).

Unknown said...

This was really a nice book. I hope I can read this story soon but because of this blog and article that really is informative. I am hoping to see this in a big screen. I know this story will be good at film. They can get some of lessons and romance trick in this story.