Monday, July 27, 2026

An Announcement

There are going to be books reviewed here that have AI covers because I wanted to read them, and when I did, I liked them. While I post mixed reviews from time to time and have been known to quibble about a few points here and there, I try to concentrate on books that I've enjoyed. Most of the ones with AI covers I've reviewed have been reprints of older books written long before AI existed. I know for a fact that they're either in the public domain or have been properly licensed from the rights holders. When I've reviewed new books with AI covers, it's usually because I know the author personally or have some reason to trust that the book wasn't written by AI.

I removed a comment from another post where the commenter implied that the publisher was guilty of illegal behavior. If an AI cover makes you not want to buy a book, that's fine, what you buy is entirely up to you. You can skip that post, and if you do, I hope you'll come back the next day for a post about a pulp or an old movie or a vintage paperback, because those things are still going to account for most of the content here. If not, again, that's entirely up to you. As for me, I'd rather have a copy of that 80-year-old Western novel I want to read, even if it has an AI cover.

And as for this blog, AI covers have joined the ranks of politics and religion. FIGHT THAT WAR SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Forgive me for posting in, well, anger is too strong a word. Annoyance, maybe. Forgive me for posting in annoyance. Unfortunately, there have been times in the past when I've backed off on reviewing certain books because I knew people I care about would be upset. I still believe in not going out of my way to cause trouble, but maybe I'm going to worry about it a little less in the future. So if you see something on here you don't like, I hope it won't run you off for good, but if I'm writing about something, I truly think it's worth your time and I want to tell you about it.

No comments: