Sunday, February 06, 2005

Super Bowl Again; the Edgars

I picked the winner but was wrong on the score, although for a while there in the fourth quarter when it was 24-14 it looked like I was going to be pretty close. Didn't think either team played particularly well except in spurts. McCartney's halftime show was okay, but the line-up of new commercials didn't impress me. All in all, one of the more lackluster Super Bowls, although the folks in Boston are surely happy. First the World Series, then the Super Bowl again. I don't expect that the Celtics will win the NBA championship, though.

The other big news of the day is that the Edgar nominations were announced. Most of the blogs I read have a rundown of the nominations and some discussion of them. I don't really feel qualified to talk about them, as I've read only one book that was nominated for anything, Dominic Stansberry's THE CONFESSION. But I thought it was an excellent book, for whatever that's worth. I have LITTLE GIRL LOST but haven't read it yet. I thought FADE TO BLONDE should have been nominated, too, so it would have made it a hat trick for Hard Case Crime. (Dang. Another sports reference.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on FADE TO BLONDE, James. Terrific book.

Al

Anonymous said...

I actually liked Little Girl Lost a little better than Fade to Blonde. The Confession is sitting on my shelf in the soon to be read stack.

Danny