I picked up my new glasses on Tuesday, but I waited until today to switch over to them because I wanted to finish the current manuscript first. I wrapped it up late yesterday afternoon, my 195th novel. I've already started thinking about #200. If everything stays like it looks now, I know which book it will be (a house-name Western) and when (sometime in February).
Anyway, I'm now wearing the new glasses, and I hate them. This is not an unexpected development. I've always had trouble adjusting to new glasses, which is one reason I went so long wearing the ones I had. I can see better at a distance, but everything from about ten feet on in just looks wrong. I know I'll get used to them, but I'm going to gripe about them anyway. And I must admit, they look a lot better than my old ones did. We mustn't lose sight (so to speak) of the things that are really important.
Kathleen E. Woodiwiss's The Flame and the Flower
26 minutes ago

1 comment:
I know what you're talking about - I remember when I got the glasses I'm wearing now, I felt dizzy and got a headache for at least a day. Then it settled down. (But I couldn't any more use the sunglasses I had, because they had a different shape to them and I felt dizzy every time I tried to use them.)
Good luck to adjusting to your new glasses!
Post a Comment