Friday, August 21, 2015

39 Years Ago Today


This is the wedding party from when Livia and I got married on August 21, 1976, a lifetime ago, and just yesterday, it seems. Too many of these people are gone now, but that's the way life is, I suppose. From left to right, not counting me and Livia, that's her brother Arlon, her cousins Michelle and Renea, her mom and dad, my friend Joe Cross (who performed the ceremony), my dad and mom, my brother Harold, Livia's brother Bruce, and my brother-in-law John Kinchen. The picture was taken in Ash Creek Baptist Church. A day that changed my life much for the better, that's for sure.

16 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Lovely!

Jeff Meyerson said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.

Jeff M.

Unknown said...

39 years?!?

Damn, she must be tough as leather!

James Reasoner said...

To put up with me for that long? Yeah, definitely.

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary, James and Livia!

wayne d. dundee said...

Happy anniversary, James and Livia. You're blessed to have each other.

jhegenbe said...

That looks like a grand time. Faces full of hope and a little stunned.
Happy for you both. Looks like it's going to take.

Stephen Mertz said...

Guys like us sure are lucky when girls like that decide to love us. Good job of holding onto your treasure, amigo!

Todd Mason said...

Congratulations! I definitely get the sense that might've been the umpteenth photo in a row for the wedding party...sorry for the loss of those no longer with us.

Adventuresfantastic said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary

Oscar Case said...

Happy Anniversary!

Ed Gorman said...

Congratulations to two of the finest people I've ever known.

Jerry House said...

Congratulations James and Livia! It's pure serendipity that your storybook romance and wedding has spawned so many storybooks from each of you!

Cap'n Bob said...

Congratulations, you two crazy kids.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Charles Gramlich said...

I don't feel I've changed much until I get a chance to look at older pictures like this taken of me. Then I see the change. Seems like in the case of you and Livia, the changes have only made you both better. Excellent!