Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Morning Bonus Pulp: North-West Romances, Spring 1940


With all that action going on, that looks to me like it might be a Norman Saunders cover, but I don't know for sure and I'm not enough of an art expert to do more than hazard a guess. But whoever painted it, I like it, and the stories in this issue look good, too. Authors include Frederick Nebel, A. deHerries Smith, Karl Detzer, Sgt. Dan O'Rourke, and James P. Olsen. Love the title of the story by the house-name John Starr, too: "Sourdough Girl". If it didn't already exist, I might have to write it.

2 comments:

Adventuresfantastic said...

Write it anyway. You know it's possible to have more than one story with the same title. I can think of two novels off the top of my head with the title Knight of Ghosts and Shadows.

James Reasoner said...

Keith,
It's tempting. I haven't written many Northerns.