Saturday, November 23, 2013

Now Available: Trouble Man - Ed Gorman (and an Announcement)

Ray Coyle hadn't been a real gunfighter for ten years, and that was the way he liked it. He would have been content to live out his life as a performer in a Wild West show. But then he got the news that his son was dead, killed in suspicious circumstances, and so Coyle set out to discover the truth.

Coopersville was a town full of secrets, most of them ugly. Brutal ex-convict Harry Winston knows those secrets, many of them involving the wealthy Trevor family. And Harry wants not only money but also revenge on the Trevors. His plans are complicated by the arrival of Ray Coyle, who has a score of his own to settle with one of the Trevors . . . and for anybody to get what they want, blood will have to be spilled.

Master storyteller Ed Gorman spins a dark, compelling tale of greed, lust, and murder in TROUBLE MAN, one of the best Western noir novels ever written, now available again from Rough Edges Press. Powerful, tragic, and deeply compassionate, Gorman's critically acclaimed stories and novels have made him one of today's leading authors of Western, crime, suspense, and horror fiction. 
This is one of Ed's best novels, and those of you who haven't read it should check it out. Also, the eagle-eyed among you may notice that it's published by Rough Edges Press. "Who?" you ask. Well, me. I'm Rough Edges Press. Although in the spirit of full disclosure, I'm just the editorial end. Livia's still handling all the heavy lifting when it comes to the technical stuff. But I've been thinking about starting a small press even since before the so-called e-book revolution, and now I have.
What's coming up from Rough Edges Press? More reprints of Ed Gorman Western novels, for one thing. A collection of Western pulp stories from a well-known author, for another. I'm also talking to various authors about some crime, suspense, horror, and science fiction novels, both originals and reprints. The submission requirements for Rough Edges Press are really simple: Stuff I Like. Any genre, any length (although I'd prefer not to publish anything less than novella-length, I won't rule it out entirely). Fast-moving stuff with some action. If you have a book like that you control the rights to, or a new manuscript that would fit, send me an email. The address is in my profile, if you don't already have it.
Meanwhile, Ed's TROUBLE MAN is available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords, and it's a great yarn.

11 comments:

Lee Goldberg said...

Congratulations on the launch of Rough Edges...and on the publication of TROUBLE MAN. It's a great book. I tried very hard to get a movie version off the ground...

Fred Blosser said...

James, good for you and Livia. This is one of Ed Gorman's best.

RJR said...

James, ebooks only, or print, too?

RJR

James Reasoner said...

E-books only for now, Bob. We'll have to wait and see about print.

Peter Brandvold said...

Congratulations on Rough Edges Press, James! Sounds like a winner.

wayne d. dundee said...

James - Congrats on Rough Edges Press. And the selection of TROUBLE MAN makes a fine kick-off to a line of books I know I will be on the look-out for ... TROUBLE MAN holds a special place in my reader's heart because it was one of the more memorable novels that kept me company and kept me going when I first moved to Nebraska and was out here alone for six months while the rest of the family stayed back in Illinois to get our house there sold. Books --- especially ones by writers whose work you know and are already comfortable with --- are truly like old friends who can lift your spirits in lonely times.

Charles Gramlich said...

Very cool. I have this book and have read it. Definitely a very fine work! Rough Edges Press. Hurray!

larry gebert said...

Good news James,i am on board with your new project.Just picked up Trouble Man,looking for good stuff from this project.Also livia must be worth her weight in gold to you.

Adventuresfantastic said...

Outstanding! Congratulations and best of luck. I'll be buying this one as soon as I finish this comment.

Cap'n Bob said...

I have the pb, but I'll be looking for other books from your new venture. You set the bar pretty high with this book and I hope future projects meet the same high standard. Best of luck.

jurinummelin said...

Good news all around!