Friday, April 12, 2013

Writing Update, 4/12

I wrote 17 pages today, down a little from yesterday, but Livia and I took some time off during the middle of the day and went out for lunch. Got to do a little something to stay sane now and then. I can still finish the current book Sunday if I have good days the next two days. Not spectacular days, just good solid, productive days. Unless there's more story than I think there is. I won't really know until I get there.

Back when I was writing Trailsman novels, the editor asked me for 225 page manuscripts. Some were as short as 222, some as long as 228 . . . but for a long time that was the spread. And a lot of them hit exactly 225 pages. No matter whether I had a detailed outline or a paragraph. 225 pages. I have no idea how I did that. Probably couldn't do it now.

No comments: