Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Writing Update, 3/20

After writing at least 1000 words every day for 14 straight days (and 3000 to 4000 most of those days), I took yesterday off from producing new pages and spent it running errands and doing research for an outline my editor asked for.

Today writing got interrupted for firefighting. I heard sirens, looked out the back door, and saw a bunch of flames and smoke. The field right behind our property was on fire again, just like it was back in '08. Luckily this time the wind was different. The fire started from a cigarette somebody threw out along the road, but the wind was against it so it back-burned, which is much easier to control. The volunteer fire department trucks were already there, and they got it put out pretty quick. Nerve-wracking experience, though.

After that I didn't really feel much like writing, but I got that outline done anyway. And I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out, too.

1 comment:

beb said...

It's deja vu all over again, and not in a good way.