Friday, June 01, 2012

Writing Update

My wordage total for the day was 1602. However, that's sort of deceptive. 1185 words of that went to finish off the short story I've been working on the past couple of days. That went pretty quickly this morning. The rest of the day was spent rewriting part of a story for another project. The other 417 words were how much that story grew during the day. But I was rewriting so heavily, throwing out big chunks and writing new chunks to replace them, that I probably wrote a couple thousand more words that didn't get counted. And I don't know of any accurate way to count them, so I didn't.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Exactly why I find word counts hard to do. They don't really reflect all the things that go into writing. I don't know how else to count, though.