Sunday, June 26, 2011

Livia's Novel Mending Fences Now Available as an E-Book

A number of years ago Livia wrote a novel for a series of heartwarming Americana romances published by Berkley.  It was called MENDING FENCES, and it centers around the Fence-Cutting War in Brown County, Texas during the 1880s.  My family is from Brown and Comanche counties, so I've heard about the Fence-Cutting War all my life.  My dad told me that some of the fences that got cut are still there, so we drove down to take a look at them and research the area.  The result was a novel that may be a heartwarming romance, but it's also a Western and has some nice gunslinging action in it.  And it's one of the few novels set in the tiny real-life town of Zephyr, Texas, for those of you who knew where that is.  (I know there's at least one of you familiar with the Brownwood area.) Anyway, I thought this was a fine book and it's available now for both the Kindle and the Nook, so check it out.

No comments: