Saturday, May 17, 2008

27 Dresses


Before we watched this, my daughter asked, “Are you going to write your usual blog post about how you’re not really the target audience for this movie?”

Well, what can I say? I’m not the target audience for this movie. Nothing Blows Up Real Good. Heads don’t roll. Nobody gets nekkid. Instead you get a sweet little romance – Katherine Heigl is the perpetual bridesmaid who takes charge of all her friends’ weddings; James Marsden is the cynical reporter who’s writing a story about her without her knowing about it – plus the occasional mildly amusing line and Heigl dancing on a bar to “Bennie and the Jets”. Come to think of it, I guess that’s enough reason to devote a couple of hours to watching this one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katherine Heigl is reason enough for me to watch any movie :)

Charles Gramlich said...

I watched "Million Dollar Baby" last night on TV and found it very good but very sad. Man, I hate sad movies. I think it's your fault for recommending in here. A very powerful picture, though.

James Reasoner said...

Andy,

Amen, brother.

Charles,

Have you read the boxing stories by F.X. Toole that "Million Dollar Baby" was based on? That's something I've been meaning to get around to.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I got my husband to go to the Helen Hunt movie "And Then I Found Her". Now I have to pay big time with horror movies, his favorite genre.

Caitlyn said...

This doesn't have anything to do with 27 dresses...just a question because I can see that you give your opinion on movies. Have you see, Pulp Fiction...if so, what your opinion?

James Reasoner said...

I've seen PULP FICTION and liked it fairly well. I'm somewhat ashamed to say that it's the only Tarantino movie I've seen. Always meant to get around to the others but just haven't done it yet.

Actually, I like the episode of THE SIMPSONS that's based on PULP FICTION even better than the movie.