Monday, December 10, 2007

Catching Up

Regular readers of this blog may recall that when it goes silent for a while, I’m usually making a big push on the writing. That’s been the case this month as I try to catch up after backsliding a little in November. I haven’t caught up yet, but at least I haven’t fallen any farther behind. I finished a manuscript on Saturday morning that I should have had done by the end of November, so I didn’t waste any time getting started on the next book Saturday afternoon. For a change I had done something intelligent and well-organized a few months ago: when I was writing the outline for the book I started Saturday afternoon, I made a list of all the research books I used, so I was able to gather them up ahead of time and plunge right into the work. Over the weekend I also wrote the outline for a novel that’s several books on down the schedule.

Whew.

In the midst of all this, I’ve managed to read a little and should have a review or two to post soon. Haven’t really watched any movies, though. Other members of the family watched one last night, a made-for-cable Christmas movie called CHRISTMAS DO-OVER, which can best be described by saying that it’s like GROUNDHOG DAY, only with Christmas. (I can’t help but wonder if that was how it was pitched.) I saw enough to get the gist, but then I dozed off, so I’m not going to count it as one that I watched.

No comments: