Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Winter's A-Comin'

We just had a blue norther blow through about twenty minutes ago, bringing with it the promise of snow, ice, and the first hard freeze of the season. The temperature is already plummeting and the wind is blowing hard. Last year we had the coldest weather in early December, before winter officially started. I hope it doesn't get that cold any time this winter, because that cold spell truly sucked. As you may have guessed, I'm not fond of winter weather, even what passes for winter here in Texas.

Luckily I'm not doing much these days except sitting at the computer and writing, and my studio has a decent heater in it. I really think cold weather slows my brain down a little, though. We'll see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Down here to the south of you, we're still waiting for the Polar Express to roll through. I don't think we'll have a freeze, but it will be a close call. I don't much like winter, either.

Anonymous said...

Down San Antonio Way (now that's a western movie title!) they are expecting a freeze tonight in the outskirts (all throughout the Hill Country) and temps in the low 30's in the city. I do not like the cold, the wet, or the ice. This is one reason I do not live in Chicago or even Dallas. I like warm and cozy or even hot and cozy (as long as the AC works). While in Chattanooga most of this year, I kept telling people we had two seasons - Summer and Not-Summer and one was greatly longer than the other. This is the first day in a long time of Not-Summer.