Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Stuck in the Middle

I'm at a point in the current project that I don't particularly like. The enthusiasm of starting a new book has worn off, but I'm still far enough away from the end that the excitement of finishing up hasn't kicked in yet. So the pages I'm turning out are still just fine, it's just harder to get them written.

So after writing this morning, I wasn't really all that upset that I had to take the afternoon off to replace some shingles on our barn that were torn off last night during a storm. That turned out to be pretty hard work, too, and tonight I have a sore, swollen elbow and knee. But at least the barn won't leak . . . much. While I don't despise roofing as much as I do plumbing and painting, I don't actually like it, and I'm not very good at it. (Sort of like plumbing and painting.) We're supposed to have more storms moving through over the next few days. I hope they leave our shingles alone.

In other news, the International Association of Media Tie-in Writers has announced their first annual Scribe Awards. You can read all about it on Lee Goldberg's blog.

No comments: