Sunday, January 01, 2006

Fresh Start

I've never been one to make a big deal about the New Year, and I don't make resolutions. However . . . this year really does seem like a fresh start for some reason, maybe because 2005 sucked canal water in so many ways, from natural disasters to the little personal catastrophes that plague most of us. I've always been a little distrustful of people who say, "I've had an epiphany!", but I have to admit that a couple of things have become much clearer to me in the past 24 hours. Because of that I've made two, or maybe three, resolutions, and I'm going to do my best to keep them. We'll see.

Now that I've been sufficiently vague, I'll move on and say that I wrote 15 pages on the current project today. (Woo-hoo! First page count of the new year!) And I'm reading an issue of POPULAR WESTERN from December 1948. The world rolls on.

1 comment:

Frank Denton said...

Happy New Year, Jim. Sufficiently vague. Couldn't have said it better myself. I hope you are able to keep the resolutions but don't lose sleep if you don't. I never make them myself. Good start to the writing year.