Sunday, August 22, 2004

Anniversary

Livia and I were married twenty-eight years ago today. It's a cliche, but it really does seem like the blink of an eye in some ways and forever in others. I can't imagine the last twenty-eight years without her, though. I'm convinced that she's largely responsible for me being a writer, since she told me that if that was what I wanted to do, I had to really work at it. A few months later I sold my first story.

Anniversary or not, I turned out 20 pages today . . . but Livia's the one who told me to go out to the studio and get those pages done.


4 comments:

Mystery Dawg said...

Congratulations to both of you. A marriage made in heaven both personally and professionally.

mybillcrider said...

Congratulations, James and Livia. Hope you had a big celebration after turning out all those pages. Maybe a Big Mac and a malt?

James Reasoner said...

Thanks, guys. We didn't go out and celebrate or anything. It was just a nice, quiet, pleasant day . . . and around here those are always welcome.

Cap'n Bob said...

Congrats on your long, happy, and companionable marriage. I've always thought a marriage of two writers would be something special. At least it has worked in your case, and puts me in mind of others like Pronzini/Muller. I have my 15th coming up soon, but it's been more like the Hundred Years War than anything else I can think of.