Wednesday, July 21, 2004

More Revisions

I spent the day working on that manuscript again.  It'll probably take another day or two to finish going through it.  As always Livia made some good suggestions and caught me in some mistakes (such as having somebody drive off in a vehicle that was out of gas only a couple of pages earlier).

I'm reading CAVE OF A THOUSAND TALES, the new biography of the late pulp writer Hugh B. Cave.  The author is Milt Thomas, and the publisher is Arkham House.  It's a beautiful book and very well-written and entertaining so far.  I haven't read everything Cave wrote, of course (he wrote over a thousand pulp and slick magazine stories and several dozen novels), but I've read a bunch of them and have never come across a bad one.  Cave was as dependably entertaining an author as I've ever read.

No comments: